Thursday, May 29, 2008

My First Zumba

I finally made it to a zumba class! WOW! It was a lot of fun and I'm happy to say that somewhere, waaaay down deep in my brain, I vaguely remember how to dance. I don't remember the last time I sweated so much...we're talking dripping down my ponytail onto my back here! Funny, if I were working out on my own, I'd never work that hard, but there's some pride involved in being in a class setting, isn't there?! I still had to take it down a notch a few times and just mark things out, but I hung in there and I am looking forward to going back next week.

The music was mostly latino, and made me crave chips and salsa. There was some hip hop type of music, too, and I wasn't listening to the words much, but I did catch a great line: "I throw down the law, just like Moses." I almost started laughing (but I would have had to have breath to do that!) out loud.

Note to Rebecca D: I first read about zumba on your blog. I kept thinking of you today, too, wishing you were there. I bet you do all the "whoo-oo's," doncha?! ;) That class would be a blast to take with a friend...as long as it was a friend you could laugh with and not at!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man!! I wish I was there with ya!! Im working on signing up for an instructor training course thats going to be in Bremerton on June 7th...I LOVE ZUMBA SO MUCH!! The more you do it, the more you like it too. Not only do you get a great workout but you get to DANCE!! Im so happy you gave it a try - nice to know there might be another fan out there with me!!

curly girl said...

Oh, I'm a fan, alright! I have a headache now, but I think it's b/c I forgot my water bottle. Not a good move! Anyway, I can TOTALLY see you as an instructor! Where are you going to teach at?

gjacobsen said...

It reminds me of a little, four year old girl that stated emphatically,"I don't want to do gymnastics, I want to DANCE!!!" Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

I love that mom-ish comment!!
I might be a sub but I really have no idea now- its just an opportunity I thought I'd grab and see where it took me. I know there are a ton of people looking for more classes tho..hmm..

gjacobsen said...

I prefer ZOOMba....where you dance on motorcycles.... And my ponytail does not have to sweat.
dad