Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Disclaimer

I feel the need to explain how much I LOVE my children's birthdays. I know I go a little crazy celebrating them, but May 26 and Aug 29 are my two very most favorite days of the whole year. I often hear my ob/gyn's voice in my head, "You need to prepare for the fact that you may never have children," and well, it still makes me teary to think that I might have missed out on this chance to be the mother of these two little girls. I am eternally grateful, and just can't help going a tiny bit overboard in celebrating the day that each of these girls came to earth! Nothing we've done this year for E's celebration has cost very much money, but I hope that she will be a five year old that knows that her family loves her SO MUCH!

1 comment:

Paige said...

That is a great perspective to have for all of us. Your chance of children was less than mine but the thought that we are so blessed to have them is a good one to carry always.