Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Best Dam Park We've Found

P actually took one of his days off this week and we spent all afternoon at Mud Mountain Dam. It was the BEST. The weather was perfect and we practically had the place to ourselves. It's a gi-normous park with tons of grass, picnic shelters, 3 playground structures, 2 (clean!) bathrooms, and the main attraction: this wading pool, which was a little chilly for M's taste, but crazy E didn't mind at all. The weather was a perfect 75 degrees or so. We were there for 4 hours (or was it 5?)and can't wait to go back. We're hoping that the trail that goes closer to the dam is cleared next time (still trees down from the winter's storms) so we can check that out, too.

On our way home, we visited Nolte State Park just to have a looksee and we definitely need to go back there again. It had more of a swimming area and looked perfect for a canoe (if we had a canoe, that is). And, there's a gravelled 1.4 mi trail around the lake that we need to check out, too. There were people fishing, so when grandpas come, they could take their granddaughters if they wanted to (but good luck getting them to eat 'em).

Yes, we DO live right by a lake, but it was fun to go exploring today and find some more cool stuff. We LOVE living here!!! (Remind me of that in the winter...)




4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks like a fun day! So nice to see pictures of your girls and your family--boy, they both have great eyes!!

gjacobsen said...

I kept looking at the date, knowing you couldn't have been talking about yesterday. We had the pellet stove going and the lawn didn't get mowed because of the rain! It looks like a great park....I think you have a fun summer ahead, just staying close to home! Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

woweee cool place! I'll have to look it up to figure out how to get there! Im with M, wait till its plenty hot before your jump in the cold water, hehe...you are crazy E!! Just like my little sister..

Team Richardson said...

I love the Pix, and we Love MMD park as well, and Nolte State park (Deep Lake) is actually where Greg and I went on our first date
2gether. We love that one as well. We have done the trail at MMD and it is Awesome..we should plan a picnic sometime 2gether..I so love your blog, well I gotta work tomorrow, and I have been sick all weekend..cant wait 2 C'ya!