Here's another "journal entry" of our day today:
9 am - leave the house to take the girls to school. Stay in kindergarten with E all day, as her intestinal bleeding has returned. For the record, it's not how I wanted to spend my day, but I am grateful that my circumstances allow me to easily tag along. There's no way she could navigate the bathroom solo right now, but she feels fine 95% of the time, so there's no reason to keep her home.
3:45 - leave the school and head to swimming lessons
4:15-5:00 - watch M in swimming lessons. Realize she's having a meltdown, race down to the pool to mediate between her and her swimming teacher. Resurrect her swimming career, and the little fishy went back with her class afterall. (It was all a big misunderstanding between the 2 of them, and her teacher didn't know about the Asperger's, which drives me a little crazy, b/c there's a spot on the form that specifically asks, "Any special needs we should know?" and of course, I always put Asperger's Syndrome, but of course, the instructor hadn't been told...)
5-6:20 - drive back to the town where their school is located, get them some dinner at a pizza place where they have free kid meal coupons that they've earned from their reading minutes incentive program and school.
6:30-7:15 - Drive over to the school, where we attend the book fair (E got a Fancy Nancy sticker book, and M got the 3rd 'Diary of a Whimpy Kid' book, against my better judgment) and then into the science fair. We were ready to leave after about 10 minutes, but found out they'd be announcing the winners, who get to go on to the district science fair, and you get a cool tshirt if you win, so M wanted to stay... Good thing, 'cause she did win, so now she has a "Science is easy as (pie symbol)" tshirt to wear to the district fair a week from Saturday.
7:30 - Arrive at my friend's house, who is teaching a back-to-basics cooking class, complete with standard grocery lists, menu planning, and easy ways to plan ahead, i.e. cooking 2 whole chickens, boning it, making broth, etc. Sampled tasty chicken quesadillas, fritatas, and soup.
9:00 - Her daughter called with info on amazing clearance at Target. Party OVER, everyone (but us, I think) heads there.
9:20 - We arrive home and practically collapse into bed. M is on the verge of another meltdown and I am hoping I talked her out of "going there." JUST GO TO SLEEP!
Ahhhhhhhh, tomorrow is another day. At least E doesn't have school; I "just" babysit a friend of hers all day (and they've been fighting a lot lately...it's not as easy as it used to be!) and then E has gymnastics after M gets out of school. But at least we are done for the night after that!
I told M I was writing all this down so that when she's grown up and gone from home, I can look back and remember what it was like to be BUSY. Yeah, kinda like child birth...I really don't think I'll forget!
5 comments:
that is one full day! sorry about e. i hope you are able to resolve her problem quickly.
Busy, busy, busy! It's good to write down just so you can remember what a "normal" day was like. And that way your kids can't be like, "you never let us do anything" like we did to our parents. :)
Oh you need a vacation. . .way too busy for one person! Take a deep breath and remember that it's all worth it to see those beautiful little girls smile and give you those big hugs once in awhile.
most of my days aren't nearly as busy as all that and I still flop into bed at the end of the day and say "what did I do today to make me SO tired??" Hehe
You certainly are a busy lady. I can tell we have kids the same age. ie: Diary of a Whimpy Kid and the Science Fair. I hope you get some answers soon.
Post a Comment