This blog serves as my one and only journal, so indulge me while I recall...
This is one crazy week. Let me share just one day to illustrate:
7 am - get up, get ready, get girls ready, etc. You know the morning routine.
Try not to freak out that E is still pooping blood. (are you sure you want to read this?)
9 - take M to school (this was not a kinder day for E, so she stays in her jammies 'cause she doesn't feel great anyway)
9:30 - go to RS Presidency mtg. Plug E into her portable DVD player
11:00 - mtg concludes. Swing by friend's house to drop off Christmas/New Years gift. Yeah, I'm that behind.
11:45 - arrive for E's dr appt. Dr orders more blood work and we get to take home another cup for a stool sample. She is NOT impressed with the idea of being poked and tried mightly to refuse, but I somehow lifted her up on the table and got her to lay down, then I practially laid on top of her. I wasn't mean...I kept trying to reassure her and give her kisses and stuff. *sigh* At least she got to leave with a dum dum sucker and a sticker, as well as a huge wad of cotton and a printed bandaid on her arm! Cool.
12:30 - stop at WalMart to buy her some more meds. Glance at the clearance toys, but they're not cheap enough, yet! ;)
1:00 - We're home! I make us some lunch and let her watch a movie (c'mon, she's sick) and then I get dinner (tacos) ready. I call my mom and whine. I mean, report.
3:25 - Leave to pick up M at school at 3:45.
3:45 - Grab kid, head to YMCA
4:15- Barely make it in time to have her switch into her swimming suit and join her new class
4:45 - Lesson is done, quick shower, change, and then
5:00 - M has occupational therapy for an hour
(during her lesson and therapy, I read to E - alot! She wound up with 75 min of reading minutes on her log! We also played a few rounds of our favorite game, "Hiss")
6:00 - Leave the therapy center, head for home
6:30 - arrive home, warm up taco meat, etc
6:40 - dinner on table
6:50 - I leave for the church. Gotta be there for Visiting Teaching Interviews. I'm the secretary, so I don't have to conduct the interviews, just keep 'em organized.
7:05 - Arrive, hang out with ladies that inspire me
8:50 - Get home, tuck girls & Paul into bed!
9-11:00 - Clean up, dishes, computer stuff...those hours just disappear!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Then, I wake up and do it all again today, except M just had speech therapy after school, and P just happened to get home as we were heading out so E got to stay home w/him.
(E's lab work came back fine - not anemic yet, and liver function is good. We took the frozen poop into the lab today and results won't come back til early next week. She is seeing a pediatric GI doc on Friday...)
2 comments:
Man, I thought 2 young kids are hard. Sounds like it's still hard when they're older too. You are BUSY! I can barely make it out of the house by myself with two kids. I'm outnumbered!
Oh my goodness, that's a full day. I'm sorry she is E hasn't been feeling well....that's not fun for Mom or kiddo.
Thinking about you...
Post a Comment