Saturday, January 17, 2009

Relief Society in Heaven

I had the great opportunity tonight to drive up to Seattle to hear Julie Beck speak. Sister Beck is the General Relief Society President for the entire Church and travels the world visiting sisters and giving service and encouragement. I will have to record some of my impressions later, but right now, I just want to say that I got a glimpse of what heaven might be like...

We have moved a lot while living in the Puget Sound area, and have consequently lived in many different wards (LDS congregations). All women in the area were invited to come hear her speak, so I saw SO many sisters that I have served with and loved and been blessed by over the past 10 years. It was awesome! We arrived 50 minutes early, and I am so glad. Not only did we get good seats, but it was a fantastic chance to watch "old" friends come in and get to hop up and give them a squeeze! I have been so blessed to have each of these women in my life...all different ages and situations, and each has helped me become a better person.

I think that's what the Next Life will be like for us...it might be a great big huge room like that, and as people come in, we'll be so happy to see them...what a great reunion time! Kinda like being on facebook, but in person. :)

2 comments:

Paige said...

It was a great meeting. That's a fun way to think about heaven.

Rebecca Pierce said...

Wow, you have a lot on your plate. I didn't know your youngest had special needs. I hope that E is well soon, and that any invasive test they do lead to some real answers...you need answers! I went to Settle to hear Sister Beck speak with my mom, it was great. She's awesome. I love that building.

My folks have "Rob.." in their ward in Mill Creek...a pediatrist... any relation?