E seems to be getting better. The ecoli test came back negative, so we have her scheduled for a colonoscopy on Feb 4. I am dreading the prep!!! She is feeling a lot better, though, and went to school yesterday and today. I stayed with her so I could just take her to the bathroom when she needed to go, but both days, she only needed my professional services twice, and the blood has decreased quite a bit. I am hoping she'll be able to go back to school by herself on Monday.
In being in her classroom for two solid days, I was so impressed what a great student she is. She is always the one kid who is doing what she's supposed to be doing, and I don't think it's just 'cause I was there, as she was pretty much oblivious to me (as opposed to other attention-starved kids who couldn't leave my side). I was also impressed yet again with her teacher, and was reminded that I could NEVER teach kindergarten! I'm not even sure I could teach full time again. I've come home so tired both days, and I've just been helping out! Some of those kids just have the hardest time following simple instructions; it takes so much patience!
I am grateful for the power of prayer. We still have a ways to go on this journey, but I am so thankful for the sustaining peace and power we have felt as we remember that she is a child of God. We know that she is ultimately His, and that He will help her - and us - through this trying time.
3 comments:
I am so glad she's doing better. What a mystery...Keep us updated on anything new. She's such a trooper for going to school isn't she! You too, for going with her. Super Momma!
I am glad she is doing better. HOpefully it continues. I hope all the tests go well for both of you too. Camilla evens prays for E. She always asks for her cousin to get better, I thought it was cute.
Glad things are at least heading in the right direction.
I think the same thing every time I volunteer in my kids' classrooms--"I could never do this!"
Post a Comment