Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Meditation

We just came home from taking M to school. E took off her coat and promptly sat down on the floor, criss-cross applesauce, with her elbows on her knees and palms upward. She closed her eyes, too. I said, "What are you doing?"

"Compromising."

"What does compromising have to do with the way you're sitting?"

"It just does."

"Do you mean that you're meditating?"

"Oh, yeah. I could do it alllllllll day."

"Where did you get that idea?"

"I saw it on a show."



Well, I guess she could be imitating worse things that she's seen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to do a little more compromising too...figure out a new plan of some kind to make myself into a good housekeeper. My new plan, turn off the computer after I check my emails in the morning. My sister in law called, wasn't home and needed me to look something up on the computer for her so I had to turn it back on and here I am!

kelly said...

man, kids are funny.
i told grady the other day that i was trying to negotiate the groceries into the back of the car and he told me that padme had to have negotiations with the empire in star wars.
hee hee.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. Noah heard the word "button" on a show and looked down at his belly button. I'm guessing he'll learn way more from t.v. than I want him to...ah.