Sunday, March 8, 2009

Love at Home


The closing hymn in Sacrament meeting today was "Love at Home." During the third (and final) verse, E was trying to get a tiny dress back on her tiny Barbie doll. She brought it to me, and I shook my head "no" and pointed to the hymnal. She took it to Daddy, who did the same thing. She kept trying and trying to get it on, and that darn Barbie's skinny thumb kept getting caught on her beautiful sheer sleeve.
So, we sang the last refrain, "...when there's love at home" and as the last note fades out, E (quite LOUDLY) yells at her little Barbie:
I HATE YOU!
Ah, it was a classic!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

That is hilarious! I love it. Darn barbies and their small arms!

Bri-onic Man said...

That's awesome. Incidentally, I played that song as prelude in primary today as a young sunbeam was yelling "mommy!!!" repeatedly.

Unknown said...

Oh my! Ha ha...those Barbie thumbs are always getting stuck here too.

Paige said...

And you were being such good parents -- trying to keep singing!

Sonnet and Cameron said...

That is so stinkin funny!