Sunday, March 8, 2009

Great Advice

I attended a conference yesterday morning for parents of gifted kids. I heard some great stuff, and one "motto" that I think should be embraced by all adults in all situations.

The class was on advocating for your gifted child in all kinds of situations, not only at school, but with siblings, extended family, clubs, church, etc. The facilitator told us if she could make a bumper sticker, it would say,

"Don't complain unless you have a possible solution."

I LOVE IT! How many times do people just want to moan and groan but don't want to come up with anything constructive to remedy the situation?! I think I should cross stitch it and display it in several locales: the RS room, our family room, the principal's office, the grocery store...ah, the possibilities!

5 comments:

Bri-onic Man said...

Seems like I used a similar strategy with a mission comp or two . . .

Restless Mom said...

ha! the RS room.

ha!

Anonymous said...

so awesome, I love that one. my favorite comment ever is right here on this very page..
"HA!"

ha!

amy welch said...

I would have loved to attend that conference. Where did you hear about it?

Anonymous said...

just fyi..I used this in an argument on Sunday, thank you very much. It was quite effective..hehe