So, I had a decision to make today and I chose the harder one.
I had to decide whether to buy new clothes, especially for Sunday, or buy a scale.
I bought the scale, and I wish I were as enthusiastic about it as E is. She loves that thing, and keeps weighing herself and wants to know what my "number" is, too. Are you kidding me?! Every grocery clerk we see for the next month would hear about it, not to mention her entire pre-school.
I really don't know how I got so heavy. I mean, I have gone through periods of not making it to the gym, but I never "binge" and we don't eat a ton of fast food. I have a friend who dropped 15 lbs in 3 weeks just by omitting her daily drive thru McD's. That kinda depresses me, 'cause I don't feel like there's that much I can omit and drop weight like that. I know that's screwy thinking...right along with, "If I don't drink coffee (lattes, espressos, or mochas) how come I don't have spare cash?" ;)
I really am ready to tackle this weight gain; just having a momentary pity party. I need to do it for my health, and that's a huge motivation. That, and the fact that I have a closet full of cute dresses that are too tight!
So, thanks to my bro, Brian, and his wife for the fantastic scale! (They gave me a gift card for my b'day, and that's how I finally chose to use it.) I just realized that my other bro, Eric, and his wife sent me yummy, yummy chocolates from NY for my birthday. Hmmmm... Finally, I found my culprit! ;)
5 comments:
Hey Kristin- Good luck! I'm doing this myself, right now. I'm trying to follow the weight watchers point plan on my own (no meetings), but since I've done it before (before Zoe) I know how it works. Are you going to follow any specific plan? I'm also trying to get some exercise in at least 4 times a week. I know what you mean about not knowing what to cut out. I thought that I was eating pretty healthily, we don't go out a lot either. But I was able to recognize my weeknesses (i.e. chocolate) and also realized that my portions were way too big. Anyway, maybe we can be weight loss buddies. :) Email me if you want to chat.
We take full blame for all weight gain in the family in these past two years, but wasn't it delicious! I'll be right with you in this battle once this baby comes!
I'm at 21 pounds of "baby" weight gain right now with 61/2 weeks to go, and I didn't loose any before I got pregnant! I'll be your weight loss buddy too. ;)(Yes, after the baby arrives).
Oh the dreaded scale. . . I hate that stupid thing. . .and I love the chocolate so I'm with you, best wishes and getting healthier and focusing on feeling good and not just the weight!! I'm here for you.
I feel your pain dear friend. My scale has not been my friend lately. The only "diet" I ever had any success with was Weight Watchers. It's not really a diet, more of a lifestyle change. Portion control was a real eye-opener for me. I've been trying to psyche myself up for starting again. I really need to be accountable to someone or I cheat. Maybe I'll try cutting out my daily latte, oh, that's right, I don't drink latte's. Dagnabit!
Post a Comment