Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Grandpa R's visit





Wow! How time flies! It's been forever since I posted! I always tell myself that things will slow down after Christmas, and it's never true. I'm sure I've been busy doing important stuff, but the most fun important stuff was enjoying our visit with P's dad this past weekend. He lives in Illinois, so we don't see him too often....usually just once a year when he takes 2 weeks off and drives to see all his grandkids in Arizona, Washington, and Utah! The girls had a great time with their willing playmate; many games were played and books read aloud. He even watch Cinderella 2 (or was it 3?) with them, though I'm sure he enjoyed Shrek 3 more (which we also watched). Of course, went on some ferry boat rides, which is always the highlight for Grandpa. Here's some pics we took...note the gorgeous weather! We got so lucky and throughly enjoyed our blue skies!
(I didn't mean to include this fuzzy pic that I took of the girls at A&W while we were waiting for our burgers, but it's still cute, isn't it? No one was there, and they really enjoyed keeping the juke box going and dancing around the restaurant! Never a dull moment, right Gramps?!)


3 comments:

Betts Family said...

Looks like you all had a fun time, your girls are enjoying the grandparents, that's such an amazing memory to help them have. . .it's nice to keep up with your life in a different way than what we get just in passing at church!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! he looks so much like your darling hubby too. Im sure he hates being so far away so Im glad you got to do so many great things and yes- the weather has been magical lately! Perfect ferry weather!

AliceK[i]ND said...

Hi Kristin. How fun to run into people from "the old days" in the blogging world. :) I enjoyed your sweet remembrance of Charity. Thank you.

Take care!
-Alice