M brought home some school work on Friday and I thought I'd share the following bit:
"The three brothers embraced an extreme orthodoxy in their halcyon years. But misfortune and trauma led to disillusionment and apostasy. However, their sister followed a different path. She never gave up what she learned as a child. She held on to her _________. She knew what was right and stuck to it."
a) salary b) home c) suitcase d) beliefs e) pets
Now, of course, these were exercises designed to teach the kids to read for content and this example was from the "difficult words" page (of the 8 questions, M got them all right). There was another page with much simpler questions (with M's doodles all over the page) that the whole class did.
I just thought it was cool that she wasn't intimidated by all those big words. In fact, she said she liked doing it. That's our girl!
(We don't watch Jeff Foxworthy's show too often, but when we do, M is enthralled and really thinks she should be on there. We just want to know, "Would it pay for your college expenses?!")
1 comment:
Wow! I was surprised that I was able to get thru the whole thing and understand it...almost. I can't recall what halcyon means. Does it have to do with bad breath? haha
Post a Comment