Friday, November 30, 2007

Always The Nicest Mom, Sometimes


I just let E use my "fancy" Bath & Body Works handsoap. She said, "Ooh, la, la! You are always the nicest mommy, sometimes." I asked, "How can someone be always the nicest, sometimes?" She said, "Remember at Kent, Washington at the Target? You didn't let me get a drink one time."


I said, "If that's the meanest I ever am to you, little girl, you are in pretty good shape."


And then I laughed and told P, and now I have to preserve it for posterity here, too!


I think that's the best, most accurate title I've ever been given!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

accurate, absolutely. Funny how the one time we do something wrong stands out so clearly. oh well. no sense in giving up now- we're already in it. :)

Anonymous said...

and by the way, I meant "wrong" in their opinion- Im sure she didn't really NEED that drink.

Chrissy said...

Love her! She is such a crack up!

Paige said...

This is a great story. You've got some good ones on here.

I don't think I ever commented on your video of the girls singing. Laine really liked watching it, we saw it more than once. They are darling.

curly girl said...

I'm glad to know you've been checking in on me, 'cause I've been checking in on you, Paige! Thanks for your comments! I have been emailing these funny stories to my family for years now and blogging is a much more efficient way to record them...no sorting through old emails to find the time when M said _______. Plus, it's my new excuse for "Why I Don't Keep a Journal!"