We've been cleaning out the garage the past couple days - a rare planetary alignment that gave us sunshine, the girls both at school, and P on his days off! I was even compelled (by said husband) to actually open boxes and sort the contents. Ugh.
It was a trip down memory lane, that's for sure! The most disturbing find had to be the 3-ring notebook, complete with tabbed sections labeled "labs," "ultrasounds," "dr," "hospital," etc. There were all the E.O.B.'s from the insurances and all the test results, etc from when I was pregnant with M. All 3 holed punched. All in the correct place.
Oh.
My.
Gosh.
I used to be like that! I had all but forgotten how organized and generally "with it" I used to be! I showed it to P, and he said, "Yep. That's who I married! It was so weird after M was born. I had to start remembering my own stuff 'cause you didn't do it for me anymore!" We laughed, but I did apologize. I mean, good thing there's not a return policy, or he could have taken me back to Costco and got a new one that worked like the one he married, instead of the one that malfunctioned after giving birth and never quite worked the same after that!
Later that night, I recounted this story to friends of mine who are a little bit older than me. All the comfort they could offer was, "Oh, honey. Just wait til you hit 40."
Gee. Thanks for that ray of hope! I don't think I'll tell P.
2 comments:
That is so funny. Having kids definitely changes us. It is kind of a strange thing. I used to feel fairly with-it, on top of things, very clean. And that was even after having Noah. But now after having Hazel, everything's out the window. No room to be up tight or obsessive compulsive. Maybe it's good, right?
I thought we got better with age, like cheese. Soon you'll be priceless.
Post a Comment