Friday, November 21, 2008

Just In Time for the Holidays

Once again, M has come up with another hit. Inspired by the upcoming holiday (Thanksgiving) she penned "Grateful, Thankful" today. I think it is also a great song for all those kids working on their lists for Santa...I feel so blessed to have children who are grateful and thankful and are not "Gimme, Gimme" Girls!

Lyrics:

Grateful, thankful, grateful, thankful

Who needs a mansion, I've got a roof over my head

Who needs a grand feast, I get a warm dinner every day

Chorus: I got what I need, I got what I want

Why go looking for more?

Who needs a limosine, we've got our little van

Who needs a 100 bucks, I've got enough for gum

Chorus

Who needs to be popular, I've got my share of friends

Who needs video games, I've got my imagination

Chorus

Look for the best, not for the most

For in life, it's quality, not quantity that counts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clap Clap Clap Clap!! What a great Thanksgiving message :)

gjacobsen said...

What a little sweetheart!!! Just when I think she can't amaze me anymore...she does!!! She is a very wise spirit put in a 9 year old's body. Love, one proud Gramma

gjacobsen said...

I got all I needs....I got all I wants....just give me a computer and some tater tots....!

Oh, and ketchup......

Great job, M.!