Sunday, July 6, 2008

Tall Ships Tacoma


On Saturday, we went to Tall Ships Tacoma, and unfortunately, my family thought it was a tall yawn. We just didn't time it right to get to go on the bigger ships, as they were out cruising. I thought it was all ok, but my family was less impressed. I don't think we'll be returning next year.


Here's a look at what we did (minus the complaining..."I'm thirsty" doesn't always translate into a good picture):(

In these pics, the girls are playing in the Captain Kidd village. The first one is "Bat a Rat," where they were to hit a rat into a bucket, and the other was a "pirate ring toss."

















Here are the tall ships themselves. The only one we could have gone on was the USCG vessel, but the line was atrociously long and we were towards the end of our day, so we just looked from the dock.
















This little black one was a replica of the Nina, as in Christopher Columbus.














I expected to see (and get to go on) more ships like this one. Maybe these are like the ones we could have gone on, if only they had been docked.








Final thoughts: We were a little surprised at just how many "pirates" there were at this thing...who knew so many grown ups adored pirates that much?!

The highlight of the whole thing, the picture I really should have taken, was E's face as we got to ride a school bus shuttle to and from the parking lot to the event. She was so excited!

No comments: