I don't know about you, but I'm always on the lookout for easy yet delish recipes. We tried this one from my new subscription to Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious magazine. We're off to a good start! I can totally see this being served at a place like Applebee's for $9.99. :)
Monterey Barbequed Chicken
4 bacon strips (I saved even more effort & fat grams by using Hormel Bacon Bits - real, not immitation)
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz each)
1 T butter
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
3 green onions, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese.
Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
Drain drippings from skillet; cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Top each chicken breast half with BBQ sauce, green onions, tomato, and two reserved bacon pieces; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
YUM-O!
3 comments:
Sounds yummy! I love easy recipes! Thanks for sharing!
Dittos!
YUM!!
This recipe sounds so good, I am going to try it.
Post a Comment