I impressed the girls with stories from Gramma J's childhood of getting on a school bus at 5am to go pick berries (or beans) until 2pm (as a 4th or 5th grader til jr. high, when she was old enough to babysit). The jaw-dropping part of this story is that for every TWELVE pints of strawberries, she got $0.35! M's responses: "What a terrible way to make a living," and "What a lousy summer vacation!" M did have a great time today, but it was a good "history" lesson too! ;) (Just teasing, Mom!)
Here, P is showing how proud he is of his "kill," I think!
2 comments:
Oh that sounds like such a good time. I remember going to the church farms when I was a kid and picking strawberries, too. I wonder if there is a berry farm around here somewhere???
That looks so great. I need to find a great berry picking place around here for next summer. We love fresh picked berries. I am glad the girls enjoyed themselves.
Post a Comment