As the alarm went off this morning, the radio was announcing school closures from all over the Seattle area. I silently started chanting the name of our district, and it worked! I don't know many things more satisfying than turning off the radio and drifting back to dreamland. I was probably even smiling! Eventually, E woke me up and we snuggled for awhile. We got up, and M slept clear til 8:48! When she got up, I said, "M! The first bell (at school) goes off in two minutes!" She looked panicked for the second it took me to point to the window, and then her face changed to pure delight! SNOW DAY!
We had a great time checking out the nearby park and frozen lake with our neighbor kids. They decided to bring home the bottom of a huge snowman that someone had destroyed, and it was quite an undertaking to roll it across the soccer field, over the foot bridge, through the trees, and up the little hill leading to our place. Never underestimate the power of a determined 15 yr old!
We really missed Daddy, as he was working overtime today, and he is usually the Snowman Maker In Chief. We did the best we could without him. M cleaned out her pockets, which still had shells in them from our beach trip last weekend, and used them to decorate her SnowWoman.
Two hours later, we decided to call it a day. After removing a few wet layers and eating some chicken noodle soup, the girls have all their My Little Pony and Littlest Pet Shop stuff all set up in the living and dining rooms. Meanwhile, I'm on the computer and...doing laundry. That's the only downside of a snow day!
I'm thankful for a fun, memorable morning. I'm also thankful we only have a few days of snow each year!
5 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun. We really miss the snow!
Now Seattle KNOWS how to do a snow day, unlike our FAKE snow days here in NC! :)
I love that our snow days are few and far between too..but especially the sleeping in part. I love how you described the divine miss M's reaction to you saying that it was time for school to start..thats so precious...
Sounds like a fun day. I wish my kids slept in on snow days.
I'm really glad I don't have to do snow laundry all winter long, or get kids dressed and undressed for snow all winter.
You guys are getting more snow than us! We just break a record for the least amount in January in 75 years. Today is freezing cold and soaking wet! I do wish for a little snow for the girls' sake.
Post a Comment