Tonight after baths, I was trimming a very squirmy 4 yr old's toenails and her daddy said, "Be still! Don't you know that's a professional mommy you've got there, taking care of you?!" to which she replied, (and you have to read this to yourself w/o "saying" any 'r's)
"Well, she's not a very good one 'cause she didn't even get up and make me breakfast this morning!"
OOPS! In my defense, this same angel has been getting me up about 3 times a night the past few nights and, when the girls came in my room this morning, the 8 yr old said, "OOO, Mommy, how about I make cereal for me and E?!?" And, she was so excited, and I was so tired, that I agreed quite readily.
I better be careful. I might get my professional credentials revoked! And, believe me, we'd have to pay another professional a LOT more than I make to run this joint! ;)
*sigh* I love my job.
5 comments:
I really did read this to myself without any r's. It made me smile. I love those girls!
Its pretty fun our jobs, eh?
I love the fact that your husband told her that you were a "Professional Mommy" - what a cutey!
Mallory has this thing lately where she's sure she has something in her eye. Read my blog if you want the full story. Im a mean mom but I HAVE TO GET MY SLEEP! My professional mommy status drops dramatically if I don't get my sleep.
lol, that is too funny!
Yeah, P is a champ when it comes to supporting me in my professional goals. He truly believes that the girls come first, and if the meals, laundry, and cleaning get done, well, that is just bonus. I don't think he's ever commented or complained about the "housewife" stuff. Come to think of it, he's never commented or complained about the "mommy" stuff, either. I guess he's smarter than I thought! :)
Post a Comment