Friday, January 25, 2008

Oregon Cousins








We took advantage of the 3 day weekend and went to visit my brother and his family (http://brionicman.blogspot.com/). Here are the girls with their cousin, E, who is also crazy about "Island Princess Barbie." My girls were estatic to find out that E had it on DVD, as they hadn't seen it yet. They were also enthralled by their Wii, as that was a new thrill as well, especially once M figured out which tennis player she was!


Highlights for me included seeing our other brother who lives in town, Matt, and meeting his girlfriend, Holly (how come I didn't take a pic?!? I hate it when I do that!) and riding in B's sweet GTI. That thing accelerates a lot faster than my minivan. I also enjoyed attending church there. I know fewer and fewer people each time we visit, but it's always fun to see the "old" folks. I'm old enough now that there are kids on missions and getting married that I remember as babies. YIKES. I got to visit a lot with my SIL and we also spent a little while with my BF from high school and her kiddos. And, I never tire of visiting the beach. I'll post separate pics on that, though.
It was great to see everybody...thanks for letting us invite ourselves, B&L!














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh , bummer my girls couldn't join the fun- Mallory can't wait to see the movie. She's a frequent visitor to the barbie.com website. I love the pic of E on the couch with her cousin, that is so sweet.
So did you try the Wii??

curly girl said...

I didn't get a chance to try the Wii. I was busy helping in the kitchen, dishes, etc. Plus, I was afraid I'd look stupid and my brothers would laugh at me...just like old times! ;) I do want to try it sometime, though...if they only had that "Dance Dance Revolution" (or whatever it's called) I totally would've taken all comers on that one! ;)