Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Almost, but Not Quite

I was reprimanding the girls for eating bowls of dry cereal in the living room (hmmm, Mom's gone for 2 hrs and look what happens?!) b/c it was ALL over the house. I was particularly annoyed at a large pile next to M. I said, "From now on, all dry cereal must be eaten at table!" (Personally, I thought we pretty much had a rule that all food was at the table. Apparently, I was mistaken.)

Anyhow, M replied, "It's not my fault Dad stepped on the bowl and spilled it all."

I said, "If you had BEEN at the TABLE, he couldn't have STEPPED on it!"

To which she replied, "Crochet."

"Crochet?!"

"Yeah, Mom, crochet!"

"Do you mean, 'Touche?!'"

"Oh, yeah. That's what I meant. Touche."

How do you stay mad at a kid like that?!? It's just not fair.

5 comments:

Torrie said...

hey! it's me torrie from the old ward- check your recycling post, i left you a comment! glad i found you!

andrea said...

Gotta love it when you think you're mad and then your kid just cracks you up. :)

Sonnet and Cameron said...

Holy moly, that kid never ceases to make me smile!

Anonymous said...

hahahaaa....I love that! Im going to use it now too ")

kelly said...

hee hee.
so cute!