While driving the girls to school this morning, we were listening to an oldies station and a Karen Carpenter song ("Rainy Days and Mondays") came on. I turned it up and said, "I love her voice and I totally wish I could sing like her." M said, "Mmmmm. Reminds me of apple cider. All warm and spicy."
E & I laughed, and she said, "What?! People often remind me of foods."
E: "What am I, then?"
M: "You're a pineapple. That's the fanciest fruit. It's sweet and everybody likes it but if I eat too much of it, it makes my mouth hurt."
E: "What is mommy?"
M: "A strong after dinner mint. It makes all the bad tastes go away."
E: "What is daddy?"
M: "A big juicy watermelon. Messy, but really fun to eat."
E: "What is Abby?" (M's bff)
M: "She's a carmel apple. Kind of hard to explain why."
E: "What is Zeus?" (A's dog)
M: "Animals aren't food to me. Just people are food to me."
I'm still laughing...
7 comments:
lol, that's pretty funny. I wonder if she's thought about that before or if she made it up on the spot??
Those are great. She did a good job with all the fruits and explaining people. What a cute girl she is
They are so funny.
I love her explanations! So cute :)
Wow, what an idea! I wonder what else is in her head that just hasn't come out yet.
That is DEEP!
When I asked Maren what food I reminded her of...she replied, "a warm chocolate chip cookie with a glass of milk." It doesn't get any better than that. LOVE THAT GIRL!!!
Post a Comment