Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Overheard in the Backseat

For as long as I can remember, E has confused what it means to roll the window up/down in the car. I try to kindly correct her, but it hasn't sunk in, yet. As we were heading to school yesterday, here's what I heard:

E: "Mommy, you need to put the window up 'cause I am getting too hot."

M: (exasperated tone) "E, you mean she needs to put the window down."

E: (pause, and then in a tiny voice) "M, I just don't think you understand how hard my life is for me. I just don't know everything like you do."

M: "E! You don't realize that I have had to work very hard for all my knowledge!"

OH MAN. I wanted to bust out laughing...they were so serious and sincere. Instead, I tried to reassure E that when she is 9, she will know the stuff that M knows, too. Wow, such trials my girls have! ;)

2 comments:

Sonnet and Cameron said...

That is hillarious! I love your kids conversations. Averie was in tears before school the other day because her friend is 3 weeks older than her and that is so un-fair! Let the drama begin...

Katie said...

Oh wow, that is classic!!