Friday, September 19, 2008

Aw, Shucks




I bought some more farm produce today (corn, peaches, apples)for canning/freezing. We decided to get going on the 50 ears of corn first, and the girls eagerly set up shop out on the deck and did about 30 ears before dinner. They make me laugh, listening to them, because they always make up some story about how they are servants who are really princesses who are forced to work in the kitchen. It keeps them happy, so I am content to supply "real life play experiences" for them!

M even went back to work after dinner, but then part of an ear sliced her fingers in 3 places, so we decided that was enough for today!

Can I just say how much I LOVE it that my girls are finally getting old enough to be genuinely helpful?!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to do the same thing! hahaha..they are hilarious kids. "I wonder if she will ever let us out of the dungeon?? We've been working here for 3 weeks without ANY food!" That brings back so many great memories..how cool that they are actually helping at the same time tho!

kelly said...

such imaginative girls!
and good for you for giving them these experiences.

Denise said...

Oh, I've missed corn on the cob this year. With E in braces and W missing a few teeth it's just not a good idea. Enslaved princess is one of E's favorite make believe games too. Where do they get that? I'd much rather pretend to be the princess with a castle full of servants to do the dirty work. Love ya!

Alexis said...

Yeah, I asked the twins to shuck some corn but they just stared at it and then rolled away. Thanks for showing us what is to come...your girls are great!