Friday, February 19, 2010

Thrilled to be Average

If there's one thing I can point to as evidence of my good mothering, it's that my family has never eaten dinner around the television. Yes, I'll let the girls "picnic" there for lunch sometimes, but dinner? Out of the question.

As we were heading out to pick up our pizza tonight (c'mon, give me a break...I worked two whole days in a row, and besides, it's on sale) I said, "When we get home, let's get some soda out of the garage. And then I just want to sit down." E chimed in, "And watch tv?!" And I said, "Sure. Happy Friday."

The girls immediately started clapping, shrieking, and jumping up and down. M exclaimed, "Are you serious?! You mean you're telling me we're going to eat pizza and drink pop and watch tv just like an average American family?!?"

I laughed and laughed at that girl. And it felt almost as good as sitting down did...

3 comments:

Kristi said...

We did the pizza and pop thing tonight too. LOVE those Pizza Hut reading rewards.

Besides, it was Friday night and dad was working!

Rachael said...

That is hilarious!!

Lindsey said...

Awesome. You won them over with a pizza TV picnic. Love it! I swear your girls have the funniest quotes!