Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Documenting the Love

Children of mine, sometimes your mom is pretty dense. After all kinds of (strong) hints, I finally realized that when you ask if I've "blogged anything lately?" you're not just asking what's on this website, but essentially, if I love you enough to want to document and share our family's life with the people we love. Duh.

So, I am resolved to do some catching up - and more importantly - some keeping up! Let's start with Valentine's Day...

E and I had fun coming up with this outfit for the occasion (after I explained what it meant to be dressing for the occasion). She was a little disappointed that she seemed to be the only first grader in her class to dress thematically for the holiday, but she sure enjoyed the compliments!

(And yes, this is our front porch. Can you tell how much the girls love to tromp around outside? We're prepared for just about any outdoor adventure that involves water, mud, sticks, rocks, and/or shells...along w/a healthy dose of imagination!)

M chose to go a more subtle red w/sparkly heart route. As a cool 5th grader, can't say that I blame her. And look at that hair! I must've forgotten to tame it w/some product that morning. Remind you of anyone in the '80's or early '90's? ;)


Now this just cracks me up! I said, "How 'bout a kiss for the camera?!" thinking one of them would smack the other on the cheek...you gotta be careful what you ask for with these two!

3 comments:

Hatch Family said...

cute girls!

Gates Family said...

Well, we know that you and Paul love each other to kiss in front of the girls.:) Yes, you do have to be careful what you ask for. You may get something unexpected.

Alexis said...

THis looks like the kinds of kisses the twins give each other!