We were blessed to spend the girls' "mid winter break" at my parent's new place on the WA coast. We loved the three days of sunshine and ample opportunities to be on the beach, even in the pitch black (you should have SEEN the STARS!). We had to keep reminding ourselves that it is the middle of February! It will be crowded with tourists this summer, but I think that's a small price to pay to live within walking distance to the beach, and within easy drives to all kinds of cool places to explore and climb and beachcomb! Thanks, parents, for welcoming us...and for moving to such a fun place!

P & M hiked by themselves (it was a moderate/difficult rating, and I had a migraine, and well, E is 5...) up to North Head Lighthouse. M's reaction when she found out she got to go
with just daddy? "Really! What great bonding time!"
M's favorite game was "Wave Taunting." She decided it was a lot easier to "win"(run from the waves) when the tide was going out, instead of coming in!


E grabbed a stick and started jammin, 'You are the music in me' from High School Musical 2. M was quick to join in. Rock on.

Coat off, shells in tow, thinking about getting a little bit closer to those waves...


One HAPPY girl!


OK, so it was a little chillier on the bay side!

This just made us smile. I so remember the feel of the sand on my feet as the tide pulled the water back in. Only problem for these 2 was that the tide was going out and didn't quite make it up to them! Good try, girls!

One HAPPY momma!
3 comments:
wow - can't believe how big m is getting! you guys are great. looks like a fun time!
Looks like a great time!
GREAT pictures and GREAT memories...thanks for the visit!!!
I loved playing in the ocean as a child, I loved watching my own children enjoy the ocean and now I can watch with delight as our grandchildren love the beach,too!
The beachcomber gene continues to be passed on! MOM
Post a Comment