Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Light Bulb Moment

There's been way too much stress on this blog lately; thought I'd share some funnies...

The other day, I was combing M's hair and she brought up (once again) the question, "Mom, why do you do so much nice stuff for me? I just don't get it. I mean, if somebody made me throw up and hurt when they got born and then I had to take care of them all the time, I don't think I'd like them very much."

I put my cheek next to her and said, "Because you're MIIIIIIIIINNNE" and gave an "evil" laugh, then corrected myself, "Actually, you're Heavenly Father's, and He's given you to me and it's my job to try to get you back to Him in as good of shape as possible."

"Yeah, but that doesn't explain why you're so nice to me!"

"Well, when I was a little girl, I always wanted to grow up and have kids. You know that for awhile, the doctor said I might not be able to. That just made me want you more! So, I guess that I'm just really, really glad you're here. Think of it like this: you know how much you want a dog?! When you grow up and can have one, don't you think you'll be a great dog owner?!"

Her face LIT up! "Oh, yeah!!! NOW I get it!"

4 comments:

gjacobsen said...

Not a 'light bulb moment', it was a 'Lucky' moment....love you all...dad

Hatch Family said...

cute!

Becca said...

That is so cute. What a great mom you are. And what great kids you have to notice all the nice things you do for them.

Anonymous said...

touching..that she is so pleased with being your little doggy ;) hehehe