Saturday, December 6, 2008

Now I Get It

Our little town boasts some spectacular views of Mt. Rainier. In fact, the girls have a great look at it every day at recess. Yesterday, M said, "We played 'Tornado' at recess today." Thinking that was a pretty random game, I asked what brought that up, and she said, "The clouds."

Today, a friend sent this photo.

Oh. NOW I get it!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Wow, those clouds are odd... but really cool looking. I wonder how those are formed?

Hatch Family said...

amazing picture! i would have loved seeing it with my own eyes.

Becca said...

That is such a great picture. I have never seen clouds like that. So beautiful.

Laura said...

I saw those clouds on Friday afternoon and it was unbelieveable! We are blessed to have such a great view of Mt. Rainier. I learned they are called "lenticular clouds". It's always nice to learn something new right? And they usually mean rain within 24 hours...pretty dead on. Although if you bet on rain around here, you'd be right about 3 out of 4 times. :)

Kate said...

I miss that Mt real bad!!

amy welch said...

Awesome picture!

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOSH.