We went to another concert in the park last night and a band called, "Nowhere Near Nashville" played. They sang country songs that are probably familiar to people who listen to country radio, but not to us. Fortunately, it was "rock-country," so we still enjoyed it! The girls always dance around in front of the band, so of course last night was no exception. Imagine E's delight when the sole woman in the band handed HER the tambourine! It got even better when one of the guitarists brought her up on stage and even mic'd her rythm! She was a crack up b/c she was SO serious about it! I kept trying to get her to smile, but she was really concentrating! When the song ended, the asked, "E, is there anything you want to say?" and in the cutest, clearest voice she said, "Thank you." Then she sat down and started massaging her arm. She kept saying to me, "Mommy! I was on the stage! I was playing with the band!"





Of course, her sister didn't share the same enthusiasm that their daddy and I did. This is right after E came off the stage...

She soon perked up when our neighbor showed with his puppy, Gizmo "Gizzy." The girls LOVE this dog. Works out great for us...they get to play, we don't have to take care of it!

Later on, I noticed that other girls were just walking up to the band and asking for the tambourine, so M decided that she'd do the same. She was happy for her chance to play with the band, too!



Just fifteen minutes after the concert ended, they fired up "Cars" on a 20 ft inflatable screen. It reminded me of drive-in movies when I was a kid - minus the foot pajamas. We sat with friends and ate lots of candy and popcorn. It was a late night (we got home at 11:05pm) but the girls did great and slept in this morning, so it was all good. We (heart) our little town!
6 comments:
I love stuff like this. Fun little place you have up there.
I love the first picture of E. She looks completely in her element! I wish we lived closer to things like this...very fun!
How cool is THAT??? Good job, girls!
That looks like so much fun! My boys would never have gone up to the front. What a fabulous summer memory for all of you.
ps - I read about your Olympic friend in Sports Illustrated! It was fun to say I know a girl who knows her...
This is awesome! Watch out, you've got a star on your hands. Love ya!
I would have KILLED for that chance when I was little..okay, sometimes I still feel that way. How fun! I would've made the same face as M tho because it always happened like that with my little sister- she was the one who had the courage to get up and rock out and I was trying to be cool..which inevitably meant I was missing out. What a fun night..and the big inflatable screen too?? Awesome.
Post a Comment