This post is from M:
"A few months ago, Mom let us get some pet hermit crabs. I named mine Snapper. We loved them very much. Today, while we were watching General Conference at our house, I thought we could play with them. But, when I grabbed my hermit crab's shell, it was empty! I searched around the cage and there, motionless, white, and shell-less, was Snapper.
After coming to the conclusion that he was dead, I yelled out, sobbing, "Snapper's dead!" I sobbed heavily for about 45 minutes, and then me, mom, and E prayed that I would be able to overcome the loss (as I said in my prayer). Immediately, I felt the Spirit and felt better. I found an empty necklace box and along with his shell and some smaller sea shells and some tissues for softening, I put my dead pet in.
If Dad lets me, I'm gonna buy a second hermit crab with my own money. This time, having learned my lesson, I'll take better care of him (or her). If I can get one, I will name it Snapper the Second.
May Snapper 1 rest in peace."
2 comments:
M, I'm so sorry to hear about Snapper. I'm so glad you were able to feel some peace through your prayer. Wishing you success in getting another one!
I'm so sorry to hear about your hermit crab!
I hope you get to have another one.
At least, Snapper got to go with you to Canada! I'm glad you will have good memories of playing with Snapper.
Love, Gramma
Post a Comment