Sunday, June 8, 2008

Good-bye, Wisdom

I am flying down to Fresno CA this afternoon so Paul's cousin can take out my wisdom teeth tomorrow morning. I am going to stay with his aunt & uncle until Thursday. I am trying really hard to focus on the gratitude I feel for all of them (which is a LOT of gratitude), as if I had the surgery here, it was going to cost $3000. I still have butterflies, though, both b/c of the surgery and b/c I'm leaving my little family behind. It's been strange to pack for just me! I am grateful that P could take sick time off to take care of the kiddos while I'm away. They're going to have a great time, I think, 'cause Daddy is pretty much a party.

The best part is that the weather is supposed to be great. The thought of sunshine makes it almost entirely worth it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaaa..good bye wisdom..hahaa!

It isn't that fun when you wake up but its not that bad either. Having kids is tons more scary and painful. How cool that Paul can take time off so you can go do that! Hopefully you have one of those healin' up stories where you completely better 2 days later and you guys can go have some fun too!! I don't know if you agree with me- but I think its absolutely necessary to take pictures if you get chipmunky or bruised- its a funny memory years later that I wish I had pictures of. Good luck!

Betts Family said...

Have a great trip, we'll miss you! And yes we will need a picture of those chipmunk cheeks you will come out of there with!

andrea said...

Good luck!! What a blessing to have family that can help you out. I was all excited to get the big chipmunk cheeks and mine didn't swell much. Oh well.