The girls are quick to remind me of things I said I'll do and haven't done yet.
We did the hunt at a park with friends. It's tough to be the oldest kid when they let the little ones have a head start, but you don't want any grown ups giving you hints. Hard knock life.
I had stockpiled blown-out egg shells, just like my mom used to, and the girls had a good ol' time getting messy and creative, just like I used to! And, like every year, I ask myself "WHY do I DO this?!" That permanent dye stresses me out. Just like it probably did my mom...
Like make dinner, for example. Or, post on my blog.
You know, important things like that.
So, here's my attempt to get caught up, just so they'll leave me alone.
For a minute.
Heeere we go...here's our rainy Easter egg hunt pictures:
I had stockpiled blown-out egg shells, just like my mom used to, and the girls had a good ol' time getting messy and creative, just like I used to! And, like every year, I ask myself "WHY do I DO this?!" That permanent dye stresses me out. Just like it probably did my mom...
And, my favorite part of Easter (aside from celebrating the Resurrection and the Cadbury chocolate eggs - not the cream eggs, just the chocolate, candy coated ones)
The Dresses
and the poses and laughter they
(and Daddy) inspire
3 comments:
They're so pretty. Dresses are one of my favorite parts of Easter too. It's so fun.
Ahh, hunting for eggs in the rain. Gotta love the Northwest! The girls' dresses are darling!
Those are fun pictures! I bet they feel so beautiful in those dresses. My favorite picture, though, is the one with one of the girls' hands all dyed from the Easter eggs. I love that...little child hands with evidence of fun all over them. Good job, mama! :)
Post a Comment